Day 18 of 28 days Magical Challenge
“The world is full of magical things waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”Eden Phillpotts
Really, when you think about it, gratitude is your best friend. It is always there for you, always available to help you, it will never fail you or let you down, and the more heavily you lean on it, the more it will do for you, and the more it will enrich your life. Today’s magical practice will show you how to lean on gratitude even more, so it can do far more magical things for you.
Every day there are little life problems that come up and that need solving. Sometimes we can feel overwhelmed if we don’t know how to solve a situation. Maybe your problem is that you don’t have enough time for all the things you need to do, and you’re at a loss because there are only twenty-four hours in the day. It may be that you feel overwhelmed from work, and you want more free time, but you can’t see any way to have it. You may be at home taking care of children, and you’re feeling frazzled or exhausted, but you don’t have the means to get support to give you time out. You may be faced with a problem that needs fixing, but you have no idea which way to turn to fix it. You may have lost something and tried your best to locate it, but had no luck. Or you might want to find something, like the perfect pet, perfect babysitter, great hairdresser, or amazing dentist or doctor, and despite your best efforts, you haven’t been able to find what you need. You could be in an uncomfortable situation because of something a person has asked you to do, and you don’t know how to respond to them. Or you could be in some kind of dispute with someone, and instead of getting it resolved, things seem to be getting worse.
This Magical To-Do List practice will help you with any little day-to-day problems when you don’t know what to do, or when you simply want something to be done for you. You will be amazed at the results!
Magic Practice Number 18
The Magical To-Do List
1. Count Your Blessings: Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2. Create a written list of the most important things or problems you need to be done or solved. Title your list The Magical To-Do List.
3. Choose three or the most important things from your list, and one a time, imagine that each thing had been done for you.
4. Spend at least one minute on each thing, believing it is done, and feeling enormous gratitude in return.
5. Just before you go to sleep tonight, hold your Magic Rock in one hand, and say the magic words, thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.
Reference: The Magic- Rhonda Byrne