I recently received the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination! Yay! I would like to take a moment and express my sincere gratitude to Women With Gifts Intl. who nominated me with such a prestigious award. It means a lot to me.
So for those of you wondering, “What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?” According to Aiming to Stress Less, the Sunshine Blogging Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy.
- Once nominated you must like and RT the blogger who nominated you and read their post and answers.
- Like and retweet the post and follow their blog.
- Then it’s time to write your own post and answer the questions you have been given.
- Choose 11 bloggers to nominate and create 11 questions for them to answer.
So here are the questions I was asked by Women With Gifts
1) What do you feel makes you different from any other writer?
I feel staying natural helps me, whatever I write comes straight from my heart. I have always been a moderate English speaker but if I am able to form a connection with the readers, I feel accomplished.
2)What inspires your writing?
I am addicted to writing, I have my writing corner in my living room and I call it my “Happy Place” and I just can’t stay away from my happy place, I speak to words in my mind and I have to write it down, anything related to mental health awareness, lack of self-awareness, self-help inspires me to write and I aim to inspire others to take charge of their life.
3)Besides gender,what do you feel is the difference between male and female writers?Well, I think male writers are more systematic in their thought and writing process whereas we women just love to express ourself and words just flow out of our heart going through our minds and ultimately on the keyboards. Especially mom bloggers, they are making such a huge difference in their life by sharing day to day experiences and tips for other parents. I love to read them.
4)What makes you and your writing uniqueI think staying natural is my unique point, I never use flowery language, I do not stress over vocabulary, I just want my message to hit straight to the reader’s heart but not mind. 🙂 and it has always worked for me.
5)How do you express yourself through your writing or your blog?Most of the times I write blogs related to mental health, self-help, and inspiration. I feel we all need a little push every time, and I want to be that person in some one’s life, who could make a little difference, to whom anyone can relate to, connect with. I also write poetries aiming at stereotypes and old beliefs.
6)Name a female author that inspires you–Rhonda Byrne! Marie Kondo! Lousie Hay!
7)Name your favorite female artist–Sushmita Sen (Miss Universe 1994/Actress)
8) As a writer what is one thing that you feel you lack? I sometimes feel that I am unable to express myself on the broader level because as I mentioned being a moderate English speaker I still make grammatical errors, punctuation mistakes but yes I am working on it 🙂
9)If you make any changes to make women’s lives better what would it be? I always stress on following your passion and I encourage women to identify their hidden skills, talent and pursue it. I would always want to see women doing something in their life, instead of complaining and criticizing other, I would love if they invest in themselves. Take charge of their life.
10)Why do you think women have the rumor of having a hard time getting along? I think maybe because women easily fall prey for jealousy and comparison. If you accept that every person has got to do what he or she has got to do and there is abundance in-universe and a lot of space for everyone, you just have to make your own space and not push others to invade their space.
11) If you could create a writing category that doesn’t exist what would it be? I don’t know if it already exists 🙂 but I would love to have a category of sticking to basics. Back to basics!
As it is all about giving and passing the torch so here are the people I nominate for this award. Hoping that our nominees will continue to spread the inspiration to other bloggers/writers:
My questions to the nominees:
- How is blogging making difference in your life?
- When did you start writing and why?
- If not blogging then what is your way of artistic expression?
- Your favorite category of blogging?
- Suppose you have to Rename the term blogger, what it will be?
- Share one of a favorite blog post of yours and why you think it is the best?
- Who is your favorite Blogger?
- Who is your favorite Author?
- Do you watch Netflix series, if yes, which is your favorite?
- What inspires you?
- Any message, you want to give to the readers?
Thank you so much!!
Much Love and Gratitude