Day 26 of 28 Days Magical Challenge
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – –Oprah Winfrey
Every single mistake is a blessing in disguise. Today’s magical practice will prove it because you’re about to discover that there are actually untold blessings hidden within every mistake!
A child makes many mistakes while learning how to ride a bike or write, and we don’t give it a second thought because we know that through their mistakes they will learn and eventually master what they’re trying to do. So why is it that adults are so hard on themselves when they make a mistake? The same rule that applies to children also applies to you. We all make mistakes, and if we didn’t make them we’d never learn anything, and we wouldn’t grow any smarter or any wiser.
We have the freedom to make our own choices, and that means we don’t learn from the mistake we’ve made, the pain we’ve suffered from it has been for nothing. In fact, by the law of attraction, we will make the same mistake over and over again, until the consequences hurt us so much that we finally learn from it! It’s the very reason why mistakes hurt so that we do learn from them and don’t make them repeatedly.
To learn from a mistake, we first have to own it, and this is where many people can become undone because they often blame someone else for their mistake.
Let’s consider the scenario of being pulled over by the police for speeding and being given a speeding ticket. Instead of taking responsibility for the fact that we were speeding, we blame the police because they wore hiding in the bushes on the highway around a bend, we couldn’t see them, they had a radar gun, and so we didn’t stand a chance. But that mistake was ours, because we were the one who chose to speed.
The problem with blaming other people for our mistake is that we will still suffer the pain and consequences of our mistake, but we didn’t learn from it, and so bingo! We’ll attract making the same mistake again.
You are human, you will make mistakes, and it’s one of the most beautiful things about being human, but you must learn from your mistakes, otherwise, your life will give a lot of unnecessary pain.
How do you learn from a mistake? Gratitude!
No matter how bad something may seem, there are always, always, many things to be grateful for. When you look for as many things as you can to be grateful for in a mistake, you magically transform the mistake into blessings. Mistakes attract more mistakes, and blessings attract more blessings – which would you prefer?
Magic Practice Number 26
Magically Transform Mistakes Into Blessings
1. Count Your Blessings: Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2. Choose one mistake you made in your life.
3. Find a total of ten blessings you’re grateful for as a result of making that mistake, and write them down.
4. To help you find a blessing, you can ask your self the questions: What did I learn from that mistake? And: What are the good things that came out of the mistake?
5. Just before you go to sleep tonight, hold your Magic Rock in one hand, and say the magic words, thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.
Reference: The Magic- Rhonda Byrne